Can I print on the inside cover of my Scout Book?
Yes! You can absolutely print on the inside covers of both Scout Books sizes. Here are some things to note when considering this option:
Inside cover printing requires an additional run through the press since the covers are printed flat. Adding inside cover ink colors adds an extra fee to your total. For projects up to 3500 units, the fee is $225 for up to 1 additional Standard Scout Books ink and $350 for white or silver. If you'd like to print a custom color or more than 2 Standard ink colors, then you can add a flat fee of $350 for full-color CMYK printing.
- We do not recommend printing a flood of color on your inside covers as you run the risk of ink transferring to your facing pages and book edges when the books are trimmed. However, text and/or illustrations will work well.
- Inside cover printing includes printing on the front and back inside covers, but you can print on just one of them if you want!
- We suggest designing your inside covers using the same downloadable cover templates you use for your covers. Please submit your design files to us as high-quality, print-ready PDFs.
- As with printing on our covers, please design your artwork to ensure that you allow at least a 1/8 inch margin between any artwork or text and the edge of the cover (blue trim line). If the artwork goes to the edge of the cover, it should extend all the way to the (red) bleed line.
- Below is an example of a (blank) digital proof of a project with outside and inside cover printing. It is also an excellent reference for how to place your artwork on our design templates.
Okay! Let’s do this!
When you place an order on our website, choose ink colors for each side of the cover. If you want Black ink on the inside and outside covers, then you would choose Black ink twice. If you're looking for custom ink colors, you will choose the Custom ink option. Until we update our website, you can choose the "one" Custom ink option for any number of custom inks or if you're ordering more than 2 Standard ink colors.
If you are choosing multiple ink colors and it's not clear, just send us a note clarifying which ink color(s) are for your cover and which are for your inside cover. We are also happy to set up the order details for you over email! Please send us a note at [email protected], and we can get it started!